No 10 offers a few extra facilities to make your stay more fun.
- Not everyone wants to leave the comforts of 21st century media behind when they go on holiday, so No10 tries to provide all the access you could want.
- The house has free Superfast WiFi broadband in every room and out into the garden.
- The Media Room has a 55” wall mounted LCD TV, Sky, Surroundsound, DVD/Bluray and Playstation 4 with games downloaded.
- There’s a 46” wall-mounted TV in the sitting room with Sky Plus HD and Smart DVD to allow access to Netflix, Amazon etc. All bedrooms have their own wall mounted TV with Freeview (2 have integral DVDs).
- Sky TV includes Sky Sports and a full Sky Movies package.
Plenty to enjoy.
There’s a selection of equipment for babies: a travel cot, highchair, playpen, stair gates, changing mat and potty/training seat. For older kids (apart from the PS4) there are books, games and puzzles. There’s also a John Deere toy tractor, for anyone who can fit into it.
Well-behaved pets are welcome at No 10 and the surrounding area is fabulous for dogs. We take our two along the mountain bike trails, running along after the bikes, to the nearby golf course or swimming in the gorgeous Loch Vaa. You can join the Aviemore orbital path just a few minutes walk from our front door.
All we ask is that pets are kept downstairs and off the furniture to prevent damage. The stair-gates will help with keeping them in the right place. There’s a sizeable, secure garden outside and a dog run too if you wish to use it.
We’ve negotiated some discounts for our guests with some of the best local businesses:
The Old Bridge Inn will give at least 10% discount to No. 10 residents if seated before 7PM – and the food & atmosphere there are well worth a visit. http://www.oldbridgeinn.co.uk/
Active Outdoor Pursuits offer a 10% discount to No 10 guests. They'll give our guests 10% off bike and ski hire. They also offer fabulous bike tours and training/instruction in just about every active outdoor activity you can imagine - again guests get 10% off. Vouchers will be available in the house for No. 10 guests.
The Cairngorm Reindeer Centre will give guests 10% discount on Hillside Trips and Paddock Visits. That allows you to visit the reindeer herd on the mountain, pet them and feed them. Or if your children are just too wee for that they can meet them back at the centre and visit the reindeer exhibition. The staff are really lovely and it’s a wonderful place to visit. You can also book a trek with reindeer and adopt one if you fall in love. We adopted Bovril this year after sadly losing our last reindeer, Flapjack. Bovril is a young male and in line - if he gets his big break - for the team pulling Santa’s sleigh through Aviemore at Christmastime.
Holders of a season pass to Landmark Forest Adventure Park get a 10% discount on a weeks stay or more at No 10 during low seasons, and 5% in high seasons.